Fit in 15Week 3 Recipes, tips, & tricks for meal prep
1. Aim to make the largest portion of 1-2 meals NON- starchy veggies
2. Use 1-2 recipes for lunch and another 1-2 for your dinners this week or use the sample menu below
DHF really appreciates the recommendation of driver-approved tips, tricks, & products listed at the bottom of this page! If you have suggestions you think would benefit others, please send us an email at [email protected]m or post to our facebook group- Prime Driver Health and Fitness
- Can also use berry-cherry frozen blend.
- I would recommend buying a tube of pureed ginger instead of buying fresh to cut down on PREP time.
- Protein is coming from the kefir (can substitute with Greek yogurt) the almond butter & the chia seeds
1 pot Stove top or electric skillet
- Use frozen blend of peppers & onions to cut down on prep
- You do not have to follow last half of step 3 "finish in the oven"
- Can finish in oven OR air fryer if available
- Requires a blender & 1 large mixing bowl
- If you don't have time to make the quinoa, omit and replace with another can of chickpeas, or buy the pre-cooked packages, or use this easy recipe
Insta pot or slow cooker-crockpot
- Increase to 5 cups bok choy (or napa cabbage)
- To reduce cooking time, try replacing noodles with pre-cooked quinoa/rice packets
- Also works well with SHRIMP!
Sheet pan recipes (Standard oven/air fryer or Galanz)
- Increase to 12 oz broccoli florets, works great with frozen as well
- Can switch out the mayo for plain Greek yogurt
- Use only 1/2 the juice of 1 lime
- Can work for AIR FRYER in smaller portions!
Meal prep tips
Storage can be a big issue when it comes to meal prep on the truck
1. Drivers recommend investing in a vacuum sealer to store weeks of food at a time without going bad and taking up tons of space
2. Drivers recommend investing in a blender to make nutritious smoothies. The Blend Jet 2 (battery powdered, USB rechargeable) is especially driver friendly as you can put your ingredients in before driving, place the entire blender in your cupholder, then press the button and blend without having to plug it in or stop driving!
Cleaning tips & tricks
Without the right tools for clean up...let's just say it can get messy trying to clean dishes in the truck stop shower
Instead, try these driver recommended products
- Dawn spray soap- cuts through the grime leaving minimal scrub time
- USB rechargeable spray bottle- powerful & helpful tool that holds 1 Liter of water at a time
- Eat cleaner food grade wipes- quick swipe of fruits, veggies, even dishes so it saves a bunch on water
- Collapsible dish pan- space saving equipment that also doubles as a cutting board
- Large water container with spigot- set to the end of doorway & clean dishes on step
- For blenders- clean quickly by simply filling halfway with water + dab of soap, turn on for 30 seconds to 1 minute, drain, then rinse with plain water
- Parchment paper makes for easy cleanup when using pans or dishes in the Galanz or standard oven