Fit in 15Week 5 Recipes, tips, & tricks for meal prep
For any and all of you who have the ability to have an Instapot, crockpot, Galanz oven, or blender on your truck this info is for you!
Or if you have a couple days of home time and can meal prep food to bring on the road I highly encourage you to do so and try some of these recipes!
The products and tips I have here are here because of feedback from drivers. Many thanks to you all!
Scroll to the bottom for the driver-approved products and tips
Instapot or crockpot recipes
Click these links for great recipes and keep in mind that you don't want to add NON-STARCHY veggies to an instapot recipe until about 10-20 minutes before eating time
So throw the veggies in and place on the "steam" setting before you get gas and go to the restroom to avoid that MUSHY veggie texture
Smoothies are a GREAT way to get fruits, veggies, healthy fats and protein in without having to stop and eat.
Just sip and keep driving!
Anti-inflammatory cherry spinach smoothie-Can also use berry-cherry frozen blend. I would recommend buying a tube of pureed ginger instead of buying fresh to cut down on PREP time. Protein is coming from the kefir (can substitute with Greek yogurt) the almond butter & the chia seeds
Peanut butter banana smoothie-Can add spinach or greens powder for a veggie serving!
Sheet pan recipes (Standard oven or Galanz)
Click for 40 Sheet Pan recipes by Eating Well.
Keep in mind that if you are using Galanz you will have to adjust ingredient amounts or cook in batches
But sheet pan recipes are a super fast way to make a lot of food at once when on home time & cooking in your oven
Remember, in order to have CALORIE CONTROL the fool proof way to eat is to follow the Plate Method
Where the key component is making the largest portion of your plate NON starchy veggies
Meal prep tips
Storage can be a big issue when it comes to meal prep on the truck
1. Drivers recommend investing in a vacuum sealer to store weeks of food at a time without going bad and taking up tons of space
2. Drivers recommend investing in a blender to make nutritious smoothies. The Blend Jet 2 (battery powdered, USB rechargeable) is especially driver friendly as you can put your ingredients in before driving, place the entire blender in your cupholder, then press the button and blend without having to plug it in or stop driving!
Cleaning tips & tricks
Without the right tools for clean up...let's just say it can get messy trying to clean dishes in the truck stop shower
Instead, try these driver recommended products
- Dawn spray soap- cuts through the grime leaving minimal scrub time
- USB rechargeable spray bottle- powerful & helpful tool that holds 1 Liter of water at a time
- Eat cleaner food grade wipes- quick swipe of fruits, veggies, even dishes so it saves a bunch on water
- Collapsible dish pan- space saving equipment that also doubles as a cutting board
- Large water container with spigot- set to the end of doorway & clean dishes on step
- For blenders- clean quickly by simply filling halfway with water + dab of soap, turn on for 30 seconds to 1 minute, drain, then rinse with plain water
- Parchment paper makes for easy cleanup when using pans or dishes in the Galanz or standard oven