Fit in 15Week 6 Recipes, tips, & tricks for meal prep
For those who have an Instapot, crockpot, Galanz oven, or blender on your truck or want to meal prep while on home time
DHF really appreciates the recommendation of driver-approved tips, tricks, & products listed at the bottom of this page!
If you have suggestions you think would benefit others, please send us an email at [email protected] or post to our facebook group- Prime Driver Health and Fitness
Instapot or crockpot
Buffalo chicken lettuce wraps- slow cooker or instant pot
Instant pot baked ziti -Makes 4 servings, increase to 6 cups chopped baby spinach to reach non-starchy veggie serving suggestion
Instant pot chicken taco chili -Pair with a steamer bag of veggies on the side or add 2 bags of frozen bell peppers & onions to get extra non-starchy veggies in
Sheet pan or 1 pot recipes (Standard oven or Galanz)
Sheet-pan salmon with sweet potatoes & broccoli -increase the 4 cups broccoli to 6 cups. Great for meal prep, makes 4 servings!
Chicken nachos -works well with rotisserie chicken
Spinach & artichoke casserole with chicken & cauliflower rice -this is an easy meal prep recipe for a standard oven. If you care not a big spinach fan, SWITCH to broccoli, brussel sprouts, or tomatoes.
Stove top or electric skillet
Skillet pork chops with peas, carrots, & pearl onions -to have more fullness without extra calories post meal- increase recipes to 4 carrots and a head of celery
Meal prep tips
Storage can be a big issue when it comes to meal prep on the truck
1. Drivers recommend investing in a vacuum sealer to store weeks of food at a time without going bad and taking up tons of space
2. Drivers recommend investing in a blender to make nutritious smoothies. The Blend Jet 2 (battery powdered, USB rechargeable) is especially driver friendly as you can put your ingredients in before driving, place the entire blender in your cupholder, then press the button and blend without having to plug it in or stop driving!
Cleaning tips & tricks
Without the right tools for clean up...let's just say it can get messy trying to clean dishes in the truck stop shower
Instead, try these driver recommended products
- Dawn spray soap- cuts through the grime leaving minimal scrub time
- USB rechargeable spray bottle- powerful & helpful tool that holds 1 Liter of water at a time
- Eat cleaner food grade wipes- quick swipe of fruits, veggies, even dishes so it saves a bunch on water
- Collapsible dish pan- space saving equipment that also doubles as a cutting board
- Large water container with spigot- set to the end of doorway & clean dishes on step
- For blenders- clean quickly by simply filling halfway with water + dab of soap, turn on for 30 seconds to 1 minute, drain, then rinse with plain water
- Parchment paper makes for easy cleanup when using pans or dishes in the Galanz or standard oven