Berry overnight oats
Overnight oats are an easy breakfast option to prep the night before. Oats are super filling because of the fantastic fiber in there but this recipe also has a protein source that will also keep you full for hours. The Greek yogurt is a great source of probiotics, the good bacteria for your gut. Blue, red, & purple fruits & veggies like berries, apples, & red cabbage contain a polyphenol called Anthocyanin which give the produce those colors. Anthocyanins actually promote microbial diversity of GOOD bacteria & the anthocyanins from 2 cups of blueberries increase insulin sensitivity, lower visceral adipose tissue & improve satiety.
- 1/4 cup oats rolled or quick oats work well. Can also use with steel cut oats
- 3/4 cup berries can switch out for whatever type of fruit you want
- 2 tbsp ground flax optional, a good source of Omega-3 fats, protein and the type of fiber that
- 6 oz light greek yogurt I used great value light greek for low added sugar and high protein
- 1/2 cup almond milk unsweetened. You may want to use less if you like thicker oats
- Throw all the ingredients into the jar and shake then leave in fridge overnight
Serving: 2cupsCalories: 332kcalCarbohydrates: 39gProtein: 24gFat: 10gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 6gMonounsaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0.01gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 230mgPotassium: 490mgFiber: 9gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 60IUVitamin C: 3mgCalcium: 394mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!