Check out this recipe from Prime driver Andrew! Andrew runs team or trains a student and has found that cooking on his truck is a great way to be healthy OTR. It's a "surprise" because you throw whatever veggies you have on hand in it so it can turn out different every time. This is a meal prep recipe that should last you a week or so and you'll need a large container or multiple containers to store it.
- Knife and cutting board optional- if cutting up veggies
- 12 eggs scrambled
- 2 lb lean beef
- 32 oz fat free refried beans
- 4 oz green chilis Other flavor options include green onions, jalapeno, cilantro
- 2 package taco seasoning I use the Mrs Dash brand to reduce sodium
- 8 low carb tortilla
- 4 cups baby spinach Or whatever veggie you would like, such as chopped peppers, or fresh or canned tomatoes
- Cook your beef in the pan, chopping and stirring to make it into ground beef. It should take about 10 minutes. Add one of the seasoning packets.
- When the beef is cooked through, remove from the pan. Then scramble the eggs in a bowl or add to the pan and quickly stir together. Add the other seasoning packet and other flavors like jalapeno/cilantro and cook until firm, stirring often, for about 10 minutes.
- Open your refried beans and whatever veggie you have. Spread 4oz (1/2 a cup or half the size of a woman's fist) of refried beans on a tortilla plus another 1/2 cup of the egg and beef mixture and top off with as many veggies as you can fit!
Serving: 1cupCalories: 344kcalCarbohydrates: 17gProtein: 38gFat: 12gSaturated Fat: 5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0.4gCholesterol: 316mgSodium: 234mgPotassium: 567mgFiber: 6gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 2584IUVitamin C: 10mgCalcium: 63mgIron: 5mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!