Chicken sausage and steamed veggies
An option for when you need a hot meal in limited time! No need to run through the drive through or get a hot dog off the roller. Save calories and increase your nutrition when you have this meal instead.
- 4 chicken sausage Use the pre-cooked variety, usually in a pack of 4
- 2 packs quinoa & brown rice microwave packet Divide each pack into 2 servings
- 2 cups non starchy veggies like asparagus I used a steamer asparagus bag, could also use canned veggies
- Portion out the ingredients into 1 serving, 1 sausage, 1/2 cup quinoa, and at least 1/2 cup non starchy veggieThen microwave for 2-5 minutes
- Or if using an air fryer, air fry the frozen veggies for 3-5 minutes then add the sausage and quinoa/rice for another 3-5 minutes.
Calories: 385kcalCarbohydrates: 46gProtein: 19gFat: 15gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 60mgSodium: 870mgFiber: 4gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 300IUVitamin C: 1mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!