Check out this pizza recipe that takes just a couple minutes to throw together and is a FRACTION of the calories from pizza from the truck stop. Picture courtesy of Prime driver Mike who made the pizza in a sandwich maker instead of the microwave for a crispier texture.
- 1 whole grain english muffin I got one called "light multi grain"
- 1/2 cup baby spinach Quickly shred by hand
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce Get the kind with no added sugars
- 3 oz part skim mozzarella Use shredded version, or Queso Fresco cheese that crumbles easily.
- 1 tsp mrs Dash garlic and herb seasoning blend
- Separate the english muffin in half and divide half the spinach, half the marinara, and half the cheese onto the two muffin halves
- Sprinkle each half with seasoning blend and microwave until cheese is melted
To make this one a little crispier toast it in the air fryer if you have that or in a sandwich maker like the featured picture shows! Picture curtesy of Mike Nissley who uses his mini sandwich maker on the road to make things like healthy breakfast sandwiches.
Serving: 1gCalories: 365kcalCarbohydrates: 32gProtein: 28gFat: 15gSaturated Fat: 9gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 54mgSodium: 1326mgPotassium: 639mgFiber: 6gSugar: 10gVitamin A: 2349IUVitamin C: 13mgCalcium: 848mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!