Instant pot white bean turkey chili
Easy and flavorful instant pot chili!
- 1 Tbs Olive oil
- 1 Yellow Onion large
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 4 Tbsp Taco Seasoning
- 1 Lb Ground Turkey
- 2 cans Cannellini or Great Northern beans
- 14.5 oz low sodium fire roasted tomatoes
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- Plug in Instant Pot and press"Saute". Set it to "normal" heat for twenty minutes. Heat the olive oil in the instantpot. Add the onion and sauté 5-6 minutes until onion is translucent and softened.
- Add the garlic and spices and sauté 30 seconds. Add the ground turkey and 1/4 cup waterand stir, breaking up the meat into pieces with a wooden spoon. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the turkey is no longer pink, about 5-6 minutes.
- While the turkey is cooking, mash one cup of the rinsed and drained beans in a bowl witha fork. When the turkey is cooked through, add the mashed beans, whole beans,tomatoes, and chicken broth, and stir until combined. Bring to a boil, reduce heat slightly, and simmer 20-30 more minutes until thickened.
- Remove from heat and add the lime juice, cilantro, salt and pepper to taste. Serve with lime wedges and avocado if desired and enjoy!
Calories: 493kcalCarbohydrates: 61gProtein: 48gFat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0.02gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 489mgPotassium: 1588mgFiber: 13gSugar: 8gVitamin A: 675IUVitamin C: 7mgCalcium: 219mgIron: 9mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!