Mediterranean chickpea quinoa bowls
A great meal prep recipe full of plant protein and fiber. Blend up a homemade bell pepper dressing to top it off. Adapted from eating well.com. Cook time is optional based on if you buy pre-cooked or choose to cook your quinoa.
- 7 oz jar of roasted red peppers rinsed
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small clove of garlic minced
- 1 tsp each of paprika and cumin
- 2 cups cooked quinoa Or 2/3 cup dry with 1 and 1/3 cup water, bring to a boil then simmer for about 10 minutes or until water is absorbed
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives chopped
- 1/2 small chopped red onion
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 2 cups cucumber diced
- 1/4 cup feta crumbled
- Blend the peppers, almonds, 2 tbsp oil, garlic, paprika and cumin in the blender or food processor.
- Dice the cucumbers and onions. Combine the rest of the ingredients in a medium bowl and stir.
- Divide among 4 containers, drizzle on the dressing and crumbled feta.
Calories: 400kcalCarbohydrates: 46gProtein: 13gFat: 17gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0.003gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 248mgPotassium: 304mgFiber: 8gVitamin A: 126IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 92mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!