One Pot Salmon & Veggies
Try this recipe in your electric skillet or a skillet on the stove top and have a great meal put together in less than 30 minutes. This is a super nutritious dinner as well with healthy fats and protein from the salmon, fantastic fibers, antioxidants and polyphenols coming from the tomato and zucchini.
- 10 oz salmon or 2 pre-portioned filets. Thawed out!
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper Optional lemon wedges or juice, helps with the "fishy" flavor!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small diced onion
- 1 zucchini diced
- 15 oz diced tomatoes normal sized can, drained
- 2 oz cream cheese or Plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning Or Cajun seasoning mix
- 1 tbsp garlic powder or minced
- Heat up the oil in skillet, throw in the salmon and add the salt and pepper to the 4 salmon filets. Heat the salmon until browned, then flip and cook on the other side for a total of about 5-6 minutes or until the center looks opaque.
- Place the salmon off to the side, then add in the onion and zucchini and cook for about 5 minutes or until golden.
- Then add the rest of the ingredients and stir until combined! Divide into 4 portions, adding a piece of salmon to each portion.
Calories: 477kcalCarbohydrates: 13gProtein: 33gFat: 33gSaturated Fat: 9gPolyunsaturated Fat: 6gMonounsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 107mgSodium: 181mgPotassium: 1388mgFiber: 3gSugar: 9gVitamin A: 882IUVitamin C: 37mgCalcium: 126mgIron: 4mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!