Yummy Salmon Cakes
Use some pantry staples to make these quick salmon cakes. Did you know that canned salmon is an excellent source of calcium, protein, and healthy fats! Pair with a salad or another non-starchy veggie. Can be cooked in a pan, air fryer, or Galanz!
- 14.75 oz salmon Just one can
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1/4 cup green onion, about 3-4 stalks very finely chopped. OR 2 tbsp garlic Mrs Dash
- 1 tsp each of black pepper and salt
- 1/2 cup ground flax or Panko breadcrumbs
Optional dressing. Combine all the ingredients and pour on top of each patty before serving
- 2 tbsp each lemon juice, mustard, & dill dill is optional but really adds to the flavor!
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- Drain out most but not all the liquid from the salmon. Mash the canned salmon in a bowl or a ziploc baggie, try to separate it in as small of pieces as possible. Then add the lemon juice, mustard, onion, seasoning, and ground flax. Mix well. Mixing in a baggie greatly reduces mess!
- Form the mixture into 3 patties, and freeze for 5 minutes -this is optional but will help the patties from falling apart while cooking. I did not freeze mine and they held together just fine!
- If cooking in a pan, heat up oil first on medium high heat, cook about 2-3 minutes/side. If using air fryer cook on "fish" setting. Pair the salmon cake with a salad or your favorite non-starchy veggie.
Calories: 372kcalCarbohydrates: 10gProtein: 36gFat: 21gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 11gMonounsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 79mgSodium: 103mgPotassium: 913mgFiber: 7gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 79IUVitamin C: 4mgCalcium: 130mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!