Guilt-free pumpkin spice cookies
Using coconut flour and protein powder as the base these cookies have a gingerbread cookie or shortbread cookie consistency. Great for diabetics who want something sweet without the blood glucose crash! These have plenty of fat, protein, and some fiber to regulate the blood glucose.
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup vanilla protein powder We used the Ascent brand from Walmart
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup coconut oil melted to mix easily
- 2 tbsp honey or molasses, or liquid splenda/stevia for lower carb options
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice OR make your own with 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp each of ginger and cloves, 1/4 tsp each of allspice and nutmeg
- Mix all of the ingredients together, then portion out 20 balls of dough onto a sheet with parchment paper
- Smash each ball with back of spoon, then bake or airfry at 350 for 5-10 minutes. Take them out once you see a tiny bit of brown on the edges. Cook time will vary based off of how thin you smash them!
Serving: 2cookiesCalories: 192kcalCarbohydrates: 7gProtein: 5gFat: 17gSaturated Fat: 14gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.3gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 18mgPotassium: 2mgFiber: 2gSugar: 4gVitamin C: 0.02mgCalcium: 3mgIron: 0.2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!