Low carb flax pancakes
Use these pancakes as a meal prep for a diabetic and heart health friendly breakfast. Try a couple different flavor options! Or make them a little thinner for a low carb wrap that can be used with a variety of proteins including eggs like in the picture.
- 1 tbsp each of vanilla, cinnamon, & 2 tsp cloves, nutmeg, allspice pumpkin spice flavor option
- 1 cup any type of fresh or frozen berries Or cut bananas- fruity option
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips and spoonful of nut butter I used zero sugar Bake Believe chocolate chips for this sweet option
- Heat pan over med/low heat. Add all of the ingredients to the bowl and mix until combined. If you want different flavor options try mixing in the other flavor options listed above.
- Add butter or oil to the pan. Pour 1/4 cup batter into the hot pan and cook about 2-3 minutes on each side.
- If cooking in an air fryer, cook for about 10 minutes at 375.
Serving: 3pancakesCalories: 370kcalCarbohydrates: 16gProtein: 17gFat: 28gSaturated Fat: 4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 16gMonounsaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0.02gCholesterol: 218mgSodium: 464mgPotassium: 520mgFiber: 15gVitamin A: 317IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 169mgIron: 4mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!