Instapot chickpea pasta meal
No meat & little prep required for this plant protein powered meal! Did you know the fiber in beans, including chickpeas and chickpea noodles, has been shown to lower A1C and LDL cholesterol? Beans are a great nutritional powerhouse to include in you diet!
- 8 oz chickpea pasta
- 2 cups water
- 3 cups marinara
- 2 cups frozen spinach or other frozen veggies! We used kale
- 3 tsp mrs Dash garlic and herb or salt, garlic, and Italian seasoning
- 1 cup mozzarella shredded
- Pour pasta and 2 cups of water into Instant pot. Then pour the marinara but don't stir!!
- Close the lid, seal the vent, and if your pasta says cook for 5-7 minutes then cook on high for 2 minutes, if your pasta says cook for 7-9 minutes then cook on high for 3 minutes, if your pasta says cook for 9-11 minutes then cook on high for 4 minutes
- Most instapots will take 8-10 minutes to come up to pressure then it will start the cooking
- Release for 4 minutes, then you should be able to open the lid and stir, then stir in the spinach, seasoning, and mozzarella while keeping the pot on warm function to allow the rest of the water to absorb
Calories: 425kcalCarbohydrates: 47gProtein: 32gFat: 17gSaturated Fat: 8gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.3gMonounsaturated Fat: 0.1gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 1459mgPotassium: 816mgFiber: 13gVitamin A: 9950IUVitamin C: 17mgCalcium: 212mgIron: 9mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!