Instapot lentil stew
A quick meal to throw together and you only need a pressure cooker. Very filling and full of plant protein and fiber! Adapted from eating well.com
- 2 tbso olive oil divided
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 2 tsp thyme
- 6 cups broth broth of choice, bone broth will be a better protein source
- 2 cups lentils rinsed
- 5 cups baby spinach
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Set pot to saute on High and heat up half the oil.
- Cook the onion, carrot, and thyme until soft, for about 10 minutes. Add the broth and lentils.
- Close the lid and seal the steam vent. Then put pot to High pressure for 10 minutes allowing it to take 10 minutes to get to the pressure level.
- Turn the steam vent to vent and once it has vented add the spinach and vinegar.
- Serve into 6 portions!
Calories: 310kcalCarbohydrates: 45gProtein: 19gFat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 930mgPotassium: 904mgFiber: 21gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 8289IUVitamin C: 12mgCalcium: 88mgIron: 6mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!