Veggie skillet omelet
Do you need a filling breakfast full of veggies to fuel your metabolism for the day? This recipe is simple, requires minimal prep, and has lots of great protein and fiber to keep you full. Use the liquid egg carton for easy storage of eggs in your truck, and option to use canned veggies (canned spinach or canned tomatoes) to have no prep.
- 2 cups liquid egg whites or 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup onion chopped. We used 1/2 an onion, or use green onion, or powdered onion!
- 1/2 cup bell pepper chopped or can of tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup fresh spinach or canned
- 2 tbsp southwest Mrs Dash or seasoning of choice
- Chop the onions and peppers- Or use powdered onion and a can of diced tomatoes and skip this step!
- Saute onions for 5 minutes, then add peppers and saute for another 5, then add the spinach and stir until slightly wilted
- Pour in 2 cups of liquid eggs, season with choice of seasonings, then cover with lid and cook until solid. Flip if desired and add cheese.
Serving: 6ozCalories: 144kcalCarbohydrates: 9gProtein: 26gFat: 0.2gSaturated Fat: 0.04gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.1gMonounsaturated Fat: 0.01gSodium: 456mgPotassium: 192mgFiber: 1gVitamin A: 4538IUVitamin C: 53mgCalcium: 22mgIron: 4mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!