1 pot Italian chicken skillet
You only need one pot for this meal! The zucchini is a great source of prebiotic fiber (the stuff that feeds your good bacteria) called polydextrol, while the onion and garlic contain prebiotic fiber called inulin. The plain yogurt in this recipe adds creaminess and beneficial bacteria called probiotics.
- 1 lb chicken breast cut into 4 portions
- 1 tsp each of salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil divided
- 1 medium zucchini quartered in thin slices
- 1 small onion chopped OR 2 tsp Onion & Herb Mrs Dash
- 1/3 cup broth or balsamic vinegar
- 15 oz diced tomatoes Just 1 can
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt full fat, can be regular yogurt or Greek
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning or Italian medley Mrs Dash
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- Heat half the oil in a large skillet then add the chicken. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper and cook on medium heat until each side is browned and temp is 165 F. Set aside
- Add the oil, zucchini, onion and cook until softening. Then increase heat and add the wine or vinegar and cook until the liquid is mostly gone.
- Add tomatoes, yogurt, and seasoning then bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes. Add the chicken back to the pan and serve.
Serving: 4gCalories: 230kcalCarbohydrates: 7gProtein: 27gFat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0.01gCholesterol: 73mgSodium: 152mgPotassium: 783mgFiber: 2gVitamin A: 257IUVitamin C: 20mgCalcium: 62mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!