Crockpot Chicken Enchilada Sweet Potatoes
Here's another one pot meal to make in your crockpot with warm enchilada flavors. The fiber in the sweet potatoes along with the protein form the chicken slow down the digestion of the starch in the sweet potatoes so that you don't see a spike in your blood glucose. Make sure to pair with a non-starchy veggie like a salad! This is a great recipe for gut health with multiple fiber sources, especially if you keep the skin on the sweet potatoes as they are a great source of fiber at 6g in one cup, and contain the pre-biotic fiber called Oligosaccharides. And then using the Greek yogurt instead of sour cream you get a great dose of probiotics.
- 4 sweet potatoes medium sized, about 6 oz each
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp minced garlic or 4 garlic cloves if using the cloves, place at the bottom of the pot
- 1 cup enchilada sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions & cilantro. Each
- 1/2 cup low fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup part skim shredded mozzarella
- Wash the sweet potatoes, poke a couple holes, and wrap in foil then stack on one end of the crockpot
- Throw the chicken on the other half of the crockpot, season with the salt and garlic and cover with 1/4 cup of the enchilada sauce. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or until sweet potatoes are tender
- Throw the chicken into a bowl, add the rest of the enchilada sauce and shred with the forks. Cut each potato in half then divide the chicken, cheese, Greek yogurt, and green onions and cilantro among the 4 potatoes
Calories: 411kcalCarbohydrates: 52gProtein: 35gFat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0.01gCholesterol: 83mgSodium: 1468mgPotassium: 1198mgFiber: 8gVitamin A: 32599IUVitamin C: 8mgCalcium: 205mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!