Spinach & Cauliflower Rice Chicken Casserole
This casserole has lean protein plus 4 different sources of fiber, including a heavy dose of the prebiotic fiber called inulin. Inulin comes from the garlic and artichokes and this inulin will help feed and increase the levels of good bacteria in your gut. Long-term, the good bacteria will improve your insulin sensitivity and calorie control!
- Galanz or oven If using Galanz will have to bake in a 9x13 that does not have handles
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pound chicken breast cut into small chunks
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp garlic minced
- 14 oz artichoke hearts 1 can. Rinse and chop
- 4 cups cauliflower rice Use the pre-made frozen bag version
- 3 cups spinach fresh, roughly chopped
- 4 oz plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup dill Havarti cheese shredded. Divided
- 2 tbsp dried or fresh dill
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Line a 9x13 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Heat oil in the pot then cook the chicken with the salt, pepper, and garlic for about 8 minutes or until brown on all sides.
- Add the artichokes, cauliflower rice, spinach, Greek yogurt, and 1/2 of the Havarti cheese and mix until melted
- Transfer the contents of the pot into the baking dish with parchment paper. Add the rest of the cheese and the dill on top then bake for 20 minutes.
Serving: 4gCalories: 347kcalCarbohydrates: 17gProtein: 38gFat: 14gSaturated Fat: 5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0.01gCholesterol: 96mgSodium: 753mgPotassium: 1093mgFiber: 6gVitamin A: 2350IUVitamin C: 85mgCalcium: 241mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!