Instapot veggie packed chili
Here is a recipe to complete in 30-40 minutes using the Instapot. Even if you don't normally like a lot of veggies you're guaranteed to like the veggies in this recipe because the flavors hide them so well! If you choose the canned and frozen version of veggies you will have less prep time.
- 24 oz chicken chicken breast or thighs, or firm tofu
- olive oil spray
- 30 oz canned beans Beans of choice, 2 cans, drained
- 20 oz diced tomatoes with chili such as Rotel, 2 cans. Do NOT drain
- 1 pack reduced sodium taco seasoning Or make this using 1 1/2 Tbsp cumin, plus 1 Tbsp each of mrs Dash southwest blend & garlic & herb
- cilantro & plain Greek yogurt or sour cream to taste
- 2 bags onion & pepper blend frozen. or other veggie option listed below.
- 30 oz diced tomatoes 2 cans. the longer prep option is a chopped onion, 5 diced ribs of celery, and 6oz diced baby carrots.
- Press saute, spray instapot with oil, add either the frozen onion & pepper blend or the chopped onion, celery, and carrot
- Cook until soft & golden about 5-6 minutes
- Add chicken and mix the seasoning in
- Add drained beans and Rotel
- Cover, cook on high pressure for 25 minutes or push the "bean/chili" button
- Release steam, shred chicken with 2 forks, then serve with cilantro & plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
Serving: 8gCalories: 204kcalCarbohydrates: 23gProtein: 15gFat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0.04gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 318mgPotassium: 687mgFiber: 7gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 272IUVitamin C: 18mgCalcium: 90mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!