Mac & Cheese recipe #2
Use lentil or chickpea pasta to get enough protein in this meal to avoid having a carb crash that can happen with regular pasta. The protein also helps satisfy you and avoid eating excess amounts! If cooking in the microwave just remember to stir the pasta in the water every minute until soft.
- 1 box Banza mac and cheese These are lentil or chickpea based noodles which provide more protein and fiber
- 4 cups water Can also add some milk or butter at the end or save a little water
- 2 cups lettuce I used a salad kit, pre-chopped, can use veggie of choice such as canned green beans
- Boil water in bowl in microwave then add in noodles
- Continue to microwave bowl of noodles with water, take out every minute to stir
- The noodles should be soft in about 6-8 minutes, drain with plate or colander
- Leave some of the water in the bowl or add milk or butter, then stir in cheese packet
- Divide into 2 portions and portion non-starchy veggies into another bowl
Serving: 1gCalories: 270kcalCarbohydrates: 38gProtein: 18gFat: 8gSaturated Fat: 0.01gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.1gMonounsaturated Fat: 0.01gSodium: 31mgPotassium: 102mgFiber: 6gVitamin A: 361IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 27mgIron: 0.3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!