Week 1 Eating guide
If you have any type of cooking equipment, follow this guide to make your meals this week. The guide uses a variety of cooking equipment but pick out the options that work for you.
SCROLL to the bottom for a fridge packing video of this week's worth of ingredients
Tuesday: B: Repeat Mon L: Mon leftovers D: Mon leftovers
Wednesday: B: Tropical smoothie L: Mon leftovers D: Mon leftovers
Thursday: B: Repeat Wed L: Salmon cakes -pair with a microwave rice or quinoa packet and 1 cup baby carrots D: Mon leftovers
Saturday: B: Repeat Fri L: Thurs leftovers D: Fri leftovers
Meal prep tips
Storage can be a big issue when it comes to meal prep on the truck
1. Drivers recommend investing in a vacuum sealer to store weeks of food at a time without going bad and taking up tons of space
- Find a USB rechargeable vacuum sealer and bags from Walmart here- Vacuum & Bags
- Another option is to simply take a ziploc back and suck out the air with a straw. Cheap but it works!
2. Drivers recommend investing in a blender to make nutritious smoothies. The Blend Jet 2 (battery powdered, USB rechargeable) is especially driver friendly as you can put your ingredients in before driving, place the entire blender in your cupholder, then press the button and blend without having to plug it in or stop driving!
Cleaning tips & tricks
Without the right tools for clean up...let's just say it can get messy trying to clean dishes in the truck stop shower
Instead, try these driver recommended products & setups for cleaning dishes
- Dawn spray soap- cuts through the grime leaving minimal scrub time
- USB rechargeable spray bottle- powerful & helpful tool that holds 1 Liter of water at a time
- Eat cleaner food grade wipes- quick swipe of fruits, veggies, even dishes so it saves a bunch on water
- Handy Clean Rinse-Free wipes- wipes for cleaning off cooking equipment
- Collapsible dish pan- space saving equipment that also doubles as a cutting board
- Large water container with spigot- set to the end of doorway & clean dishes on step
- For blenders- clean quickly by simply filling halfway with water + dab of soap, turn on for 30 seconds to 1 minute, drain, then rinse with plain water
- Parchment paper makes for easy cleanup when using pans or dishes in the Galanz or standard oven
- Baking soda + water method for Instapot- You can get off any kind of caked on grimed with this quick cleaning hack! Here are the instructions: If you have stubborn burnt-on food that won't come off with normal scrubbing, add 2 tablespoons of baking soda to the pot and fill it with 4 cups of water. Pressure-cook for 5 minutes, then allow a natural release. When the pressure is completely released, remove the lid and wash the inner pot with warm soapy water.