Cheesy enchilada skillet
One pan meal that can be made on the stove top or an electric skillet. Use canned, rotisserie or leftover cooked chicken to make this meal in less time. You can make this meal almost entirely out of canned ingredients if you need to use up pantry staples! Try eating it with tortilla chips!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small diced onion or green onion!
- 1 cup corn frozen or fresh
- 1 cup bell pepper of desired colors
- 10 oz spinach 1 fresh bag, or you can even use a can!
- 2 cups shredded chicken we used canned, pre-cooked, rotisserie or you can find pre-cooked frozen as well
- 8 oz enchilada sauce
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 & 1/2 cup shredded cheese shredded
- 2 cup grape tomatoes chopped, or a can of diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- In a large skillet, add oil then the onion, corn, and peppers. Cook until slightly charred then add the spinach in a couple batches
- Before the spinach is wilted, stir in the chicken, enchilada sauce, and salsa. Then sprinkle with cheese and leave on the heat until melted.
- Portion into 6 servings with tomatoes and cilantro on top. Try serving with tortilla chips.
Serving: 1cupCalories: 406kcalCarbohydrates: 24gProtein: 34gFat: 21gSaturated Fat: 7gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 79mgSodium: 1442mgPotassium: 1072mgFiber: 6gVitamin A: 9416IUVitamin C: 81mgCalcium: 591mgIron: 4mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!