Loaded sweet potato
A great recipe that uses multiple pantry ingredients to save room in your fridge. Try cooking in the microwave, air fryer, or oven. Can also add leftover or rotisserie chicken.
- Microwave or air fryer or oven
- 1/2 medium sweet potato the portion of sweet potato should be about 1/2 the size of a man's fist or a women's fist.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup Southwest style beans There are lots of pre-seasoned canned beans including simple "beans in chili sauce" or Busch's brand makes "Taco Fiesta" & "Southwest Zest" pre-seasoned beans
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt In place of sour cream, also adds more protein, OR use shredded cheese!
- 1 tbsp Mrs Dash southwest chipotle blend Optional flavor add on
- Green onions Optional flavor add on
- 1 cup Choice of non-starchy veggies I used a steamer broccoli bag
- Pour water into bowl, pierce sweet potato with knife a couple times then place the sweet potato in bowl and microwave for 3-7 minutes or until sweet potato can be easily pierced with a fork.
- If using an air fryer, pierce all over, cook at 400 for 30 minutes, turning halfway.
- Open up the can of beans and choice of non-starchy veggie and microwave those as well
- Add your choice of topping (cheese, plain Greek yogurt, seasoning, chives or green onions, cilantro, ect)
Calories: 275kcalCarbohydrates: 49gProtein: 16gFat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.02gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 101mgPotassium: 438mgFiber: 4gVitamin A: 18476IUVitamin C: 3mgCalcium: 109mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!