Loaded sweet potato
A great recipe that uses multiple pantry ingredients so save room in your fridge.
- 1 small sweet potato "Small" means about half the sized of a closed fist.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup Southwest style beans There are lots of pre-seasoned canned beans including simple "beans in chili sauce" or Busch's brand makes "Taco Fiesta" & "Southwest Zest" pre-seasoned beans
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt In place of sour cream, also adds more protein, OR use shredded cheese!
- 1 tbsp mrs Dash southwest chipotle blend and/or green onions Optional flavor add ons
- 1 cup Choice of non-starchy veggies I used a steamer broccoli bag
- Pour water into bowl, pierce sweet potato with knife a couple times then place the sweet potato in bowl and microwave for 3-7 minutes or until sweet potato can be easily pierced with a fork
- Open up the can of beans and choice of non-starchy veggie and microwave those as well
- Add your choice of topping (cheese, plain Greek yogurt, seasoning, chives or green onions, cilantro, ect)
Serving: 1gCalories: 275kcalCarbohydrates: 49gProtein: 16gFat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.02gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 101mgPotassium: 438mgFiber: 4gSugar: 8gVitamin A: 18476IUVitamin C: 3mgCalcium: 109mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!