If you have ever enjoyed the fajita pasta from the Northstar grille at SPRIMO then give this recipe a shot! It is a modified version of that recipe that requires only 1 refrigerated ingredient! Cook this in a 3qt instapot or in a pot on the stove or hot plate.
- 8 oz chickpea pasta
- 15 oz fire roasted diced tomatoes do not drain
- 6.5 oz heavy cream
- 8 oz salsa
- 15 oz water fill up the tomato can and pour into pot
- 12.5 oz canned chicken 1 large can
- 2 bell peppers chopped (do no need to be in fridge) or use 1/2 of a 20oz bag of frozen peppers & onions
- 4 oz taco seasoning or Mrs Dash southwest blend
- onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder
- INSTAPOT instructions- Dice the bell peppers if using fresh, then add all of the ingredients to the instapot. Add the noodles first.
- Close the lid, seal the vent, and if your pasta says cook for 5-7 minutes then cook on high for 2 minutes, if your pasta says cook for 7-9 minutes then cook on high for 3 minutes, if your pasta says cook for 9-11 minutes then cook on high for 4 minutes
- Most instapots will take 8-10 minutes to come up to pressure then it will start the cooking
- Release for 4 minutes, then you should be able to open the lid and stir, then divide into 6 servings.
- Stove top/Burner instructions: Add the pasta, tomatoes and their water, cream, salsa, and another tomato can's worth of water to the pot, then cook according to package directions, do not drain
- Add the rest of the ingredients, simmer for another 5 minutes or until everything is hot then divide into 6 portions
Calories: 413kcalCarbohydrates: 41gProtein: 27gFat: 18gSaturated Fat: 8gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 64mgSodium: 2220mgPotassium: 301mgFiber: 11gSugar: 13gVitamin A: 4036IUVitamin C: 61mgCalcium: 92mgIron: 6mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!