Fit in 15Week 10 Nutrition Goals & Meal Prep
Week 10 eating guide
- Monday- B: Protein parfait L: Sushi in a bowl D: Crockpot or Instapot curry OR microwave chickpea curry
- Tuesday- B: repeat Monday L: Leftovers from Monday D: Leftovers from Monday
- Wednesday - B: Chocolate peanut butter overnight oats L: Leftovers from Monday D: Leftovers from Monday
- Thursday- B: repeat Wednesday L: Leftovers from Monday D: Leftovers from Monday OR Microwave Slaw quesadilla or taco
- Friday- B: repeat Monday L: Microwave Slaw quesadilla or taco D: One pot Breakfast surprise -who doesn't like breakfast for supper sometimes!
- Saturday- B: Mocha overnight oats L: Chicken & salad kit D: Leftovers from Friday
- Sunday- B: repeat Saturday L: Leftovers from Saturday D: Leftovers from Friday OR Microwave Slaw quesadilla or taco
Meal prep tips for the road
Storage can be a big issue when it comes to meal prep on the truck
1. Drivers recommend investing in a vacuum sealer to store weeks of food at a time without going bad and taking up tons of space
- Find a USB rechargeable vacuum sealer and bags from Walmart here- Vacuum & Bags
- Another option is to simply take a ziploc bag and suck out the air with a straw. Cheap but it works!
2. Drivers recommend investing in a blender to make nutritious smoothies. The Blend Jet 2 (battery powdered, USB rechargeable) is especially driver friendly as you can put your ingredients in before driving, place the entire blender in your cupholder, then press the button and blend without having to plug it in or stop driving!
Cleaning tips for the road
Without the right tools for clean up...let's just say it can get messy trying to clean dishes in the truck stop shower
Instead, try these driver recommended products
- Dawn spray soap- cuts through the grime leaving minimal scrub time
- USB rechargeable spray bottle- powerful & helpful tool that holds 1 Liter of water at a time
- Eat cleaner food grade wipes- quick swipe of fruits, veggies, even dishes so it saves a bunch on water
- Handy Clean Rinse-Free wipes- wipes for cleaning off cooking equipment
- Collapsible dish pan- space saving equipment that also doubles as a cutting board
- Large water container with spigot- set to the end of doorway & clean dishes on step
- For blenders- clean quickly by simply filling halfway with water + dab of soap, turn on for 30 seconds to 1 minute, drain, then rinse with plain water
- Parchment paper makes for easy cleanup when using pans or dishes in the Galanz or standard oven
- Baking soda + water method for Instapot- You can get off any kind of caked on grimed with this quick cleaning hack! Here are the instructions: If you have stubborn burnt-on food that won't come off with normal scrubbing, add 2 tablespoons of baking soda to the pot and fill it with 4 cups of water. Pressure-cook for 5 minutes, then allow a natural release. When the pressure is completely released, remove the lid and wash the inner pot with warm soapy water.
Balanced Snack Ideas
Add these to your grocery list, and remember to pair a protein source any time you choose a carb source to keep your energy/ blood sugar levels happy