Fit in 15Week 9 Recipes, tips, & tricks for meal prep
1. Aim to make the largest portion of 2 meals NON- starchy veggies
2. Aim to make at least 1 meal/day instead of eating out
3. Use these recipes & sample menu below if you have access to more cooking equipment than a microwave
Monday- B: Avocado & egg toast (from breakfast playlist) L: White bean turkey chili D: Kung pao tofu
Tuesday- Repeat Monday
Wednesday- Repeat Monday
Thursday- B: Monkey overnight oats (from breakfast playlist) L: Pizza in a mug (from microwave playlist) D: Asian style edamame & veggies (from microwave playlist)
Friday- B: Anti-inflammatory cherry-spinach smoothie L: Sheet pan shrimp & andouille D: Pineapple chicken
Saturday- Repeat Friday
Sunday- Repeat Friday
- Can also use berry-cherry frozen blend.
- I would recommend buying a tube of pureed ginger instead of buying fresh to cut down on PREP time.
- Protein is coming from the kefir (can substitute with Greek yogurt) the almond butter & the chia seeds
1 pot Stove top or electric skillet
- This is a super great recipe to try tofu with if you have not before!
- The seasoning and browning of the tofu creates great texture and flavor
- A very low calorie meal as well!
Insta pot or slow cooker-crockpot
- Make sure to pair with a 1/2 bowl or plate of non-starchy veggies!
- Salad kit or steamer bag of green beans or broccoli thrown in the last 30 minutes would work well
- For the author's suggestion of pairing with brown rice, try the pre-cooked packets
- No need to reduce the sauce over the stove if you don't have a skillet. Put the sauce in a microwave save container (like a large Pyrex glass measuring bowl) and microwave for about 10 minutes or until it thickens
- Instapot/crockpot/or stovetop
- Makes 12 servings!
- Add 3 cans of diced tomatoes, or pair with a salad kit to meet non-starchy veggie needs
Sheet pan recipes (Standard oven/ Galanz/ air fryer)
- If you are wanting to try a lower calorie option for the sausage, try a chicken or turkey sausage instead
- This one pairs well with rice or quinoa. Try the pre-made packets of rice or quinoa for a super quick option
- Divide ingredients in half if using Galanz or air fryer.
Meal prep tips
Storage can be a big issue when it comes to meal prep on the truck
1. Drivers recommend investing in a vacuum sealer to store weeks of food at a time without going bad and taking up tons of space
2. Drivers recommend investing in a blender to make nutritious smoothies. The Blend Jet 2 (battery powdered, USB rechargeable) is especially driver friendly as you can put your ingredients in before driving, place the entire blender in your cupholder, then press the button and blend without having to plug it in or stop driving!
Cleaning tips & tricks
Without the right tools for clean up...let's just say it can get messy trying to clean dishes in the truck stop shower
Instead, try these driver recommended products
- Dawn spray soap- cuts through the grime leaving minimal scrub time
- USB rechargeable spray bottle- powerful & helpful tool that holds 1 Liter of water at a time
- Eat cleaner food grade wipes- quick swipe of fruits, veggies, even dishes so it saves a bunch on water
- Collapsible dish pan- space saving equipment that also doubles as a cutting board
- Large water container with spigot- set to the end of doorway & clean dishes on step
- For blenders- clean quickly by simply filling halfway with water + dab of soap, turn on for 30 seconds to 1 minute, drain, then rinse with plain water
- Parchment paper makes for easy cleanup when using pans or dishes in the Galanz or standard oven